The old man and myself seldom get in to a real fight. In fact I think the last one was about his mom and our wedding plans (just 9 years ago). Alas, I was having a small senseless scuffle with my old man last weekend (don’t worry, I won) about watching chick flicks vs. man shows and I got to wondering…what do people that don’t have things like movies argue about that would cause marital stress?
Well then…the Thursday 13 it is! I had to make a list to come up with some of the pointless things in life that (I’ve heard) married people can’t get along about, and why I think if they moved to a poor third world country that they could have a happily ever after marriage.
- Toothpaste and what end to squeeze…if you don’t have teeth there is no worry!
- The toilet seat, up or down…no indoor plumbing resolves this one
- What’s for dinner tonight…if there is no food, well then?
- Writing a check and forgetting to add it to the register…no checkbook no problem
- Watching too much TV…ya I don’t think this is a big one.
- Spending to much on Shoes and other accessories…dude, do these people even have 1 pair of shoes, let alone a matching handbag
- Quality time with the family and leaving work at the office…hello, maybe they should argue about getting a job.
- “Who is that on the phone?”…no reason to make an excuse for your hussy girlfriend there.
- “Do I look fat in this dress” type questions…once again, if you don’t have clothing nothing you wear (or don’t) will make you look any different.
- Mother in law problems…it’s not like she’s going to live to be 100 or something.
- “Who gets the new car?”… CAR? They have bigger issues like cardboard box housing!
- Passing Aids to your spouse…well really you were probably born with it and there is not a lot of free medical clinics that test you for it before you got married.
- “Who is the father of that child?”…once again, you don’t just drive down to the hospital and demand a paternity test.