I received this fun little e-mail from a friend and wanted to invite everyone to join in the fun…I have tagged a few of you and e-mailed others just to bring it to your attention, but as I have said, anyone who would like to play is welcome.
How it works:
1) Send a recipe to the person whose name is listed in the number 1 position above (even if you don’t know them)–preferably something quick easy, and without rare ingredients. SEND THE ONE THAT IS IN YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW!
2) Copy this letter into a new email, move my name to the number 1 position, and put your name and email address in the number 2 position. (Only your name and mine should appear in this list when you send out your email.) Send this to 15 friends. ****If you cannot do this within 5 days, please let me know so it will be fair to those participating. It is fun to see where these recipes come from! Seldom does anyone drop out because we can all use new recipes! The turn around is fast because only 2 names are on the list. Thanks! Enjoy!!
# 1 Drohbock@msn.com
Just to make things fun and since it only takes a minuet more I have included my favorite recipe for you to enjoy. If you want you can send your recipe to me as well as the person in the # 1 spot. This way we get to enjoy more recipes. Hope you can play and enjoy!
I stole this recipe from All recipes long ago, I love it.
Baked Potato Soup
- 12 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
But I like to cheat and use Bacon Bits, just to have one less step. I also just cook my potatoes in the microwave and you never can tell the difference. Everyone enjoys when I serve this in Bread Bowls…yummy!
So here are the tags I want to send out! Bella, Red, Feathered Fibers, FMY, Fracas, Granola, Green Metropolis, Leaky Brain, Mean Bean, Mormons Rock, Nanny, Observant Bystander, Muse, Swimming Upstream, Mittins @ Magic Cauldron, Tick Flicker, Welcome to Wherever you are, Without Sanity, Writer Chick. If you don’t want to join in just let me know!